The Foundation invites proposals for the competitive process on an annual basis. The purpose of the grant program is to provide seed-funding for new and innovative programs or initiatives that enhance the quality of the undergraduate and graduate experience at NC State University.
Ideas Brought to Life
Go for ground-breaking concepts that will enhance the community — as well as the quality of an NC State education. Grant funding is limited to those programs or initiatives sponsored by university administrative offices and/or the seven NC State Foundation affiliated entities. College-based foundations (CALS, COS, Vet Med, Engineering, Textiles, and Natural Resources) are not eligible to receive grant funding from the NC State Foundation.
Make it Happen
The non-recurring award is your chance to put your ideas into action. Grant requests may not exceed $25,000, and are available for the current fiscal year only.
Your application must include the following:
- A cover letter signed by your dean, director or department head
- A narrative (no more than two pages) that includes:
- Summary of program or project
- Goals and objectives
- Project activities
- Desired outcomes including metrics and deliverables
- Budget and requested amount
- Detailed plan to secure long-term funding for the program or initiative
- A video (2min maximum) shot on a mobile device. Tips for Video Submission:
- Hold your phone horizontally
- Film somewhere quiet with a simple background
- Look into the camera.
- Submit the video via this form
Request for proposals distributed on March 2023
Grant proposal submission deadline: May 5, 2023
Review of proposals: May – June 2023
Award Notification: July 2023
Completed applications should be sent to:
North Carolina State University Foundation, Inc
Awards and Grants Committee
Campus Box 7004
or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Questions? Call 919-515-0506
NC State University Foundation Honors 2022 Godwin, Menscer Winners
Two couples were recently recognized for their generosity, commitment and service to the Wolfpack — Dewayne and Adama Washington with the Godwin Award and Fred and Barbara Wilson with the Menscer Cup.