The Foundation invites proposals for the competitive process on an annual basis. The purpose of the grant program is to provide seed-funding for new and innovative programs or initiatives that enhance the quality of the undergraduate and graduate experience at NC State University.
Ideas Brought to Life
Go for ground-breaking concepts that will enhance the community – as well as the quality of an NC State education. Grant funding is limited to those programs or initiatives sponsored by university administrative offices and/or the seven NC State Foundation affiliated entities. College-based foundations (CALS, COS, Vet Med, Engineering, Textiles, and Natural Resources) are not eligible to receive grant funding from the NC State Foundation.Grants in Action
Make it Happen
The non-recurring award is your chance to put your ideas into action. Grant requests may not exceed $25,000, and are available for the current fiscal year only.
Your application must include a cover letter signed by your dean, director or department head, as well as a narrative that includes:
- Summary of program or project
- Goals and objectives
- Project activities
- Desired outcomes including metrics and deliverables
- Budget and requested amount
- Detailed plan to secure long-term funding for the program or initiative
- March 24, 2017: Request for proposals distributed
- May 15, 2017: Tentative grant proposal submission deadline
- May-June 2017: Review of proposals
- On or about July 14, 2017: Award notification
Completed applications should be sent to:
North Carolina State University Foundation, Inc
Awards and Grants Committee
Campus Box 7004
Questions? Call 919-515-0506.