About the Campaign
NC State Is Extraordinary
At NC State, our bold ambition leads us forward in solving the grand challenges of a complicated world. Our passion for providing opportunity is matched with intellectual rigor, hard work and a clear-eyed, courageous vision of a university that makes a difference. Like the generations that walked these bricks before us, with your support, we think beyond boundaries and do the extraordinary.
The Think and Do the Extraordinary Campaign is the most ambitious fundraising effort in the history of NC State, with a goal of $1.6 billion in private support from the university’s remarkable alumni and friends.
Exceeding this goal allows NC State to achieve its potential as one of the most vital and prestigious research universities on the planet.
Our Campaign Priorities
We’ve mapped out a big, bold future for NC State: increasing scholarships and fellowships, strengthening our faculty and their research, and extending education and opportunity to tens of thousands of students. Discover how you can help support Extraordinary Opportunity, Places, Purpose, Experience and Leadership.
Campaign Successes to Date
In November 2019, dedicated supporters of NC State helped us surpass our Campaign goal two years ahead of schedule. This means an exceptional education is more accessible, our students can participate in more high-impact experiences that shape their careers and lives, and our faculty have more of the resources they need to undertake research that will help address our world’s most urgent challenges. Private support is making a difference throughout the university, thanks to the strength of the Pack.
And we’re not done yet. As the Campaign continues, we’re reaffirming our commitment to keeping an NC State education accessible to all.
More Campaign Highlights
- More than 805 new scholarships and fellowships created
- 99 new endowed faculty positions established, including the Stephen P. Zelnak Jr. dean’s chair in the Poole College of Management and the Dr. Kady M. Gjessing and Rahna M. Davidson Distinguished Chair in Gerontology in the College of Veterinary Medicine (laying the foundation for the first veterinary gerontology program of its kind in the United States)
- First endowed center at NC State: Moise A. Khayrallah Center for Lebanese Diaspora Studies in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Reopening of the renovated and expanded Gregg Museum of Art & Design
- Dedication of James T. Valvano Arena at Reynolds Coliseum
- Groundbreaking for the new Plant Sciences Building
- $1.42 billion endowment, among the top 90 largest higher-education endowments in the country
Our university was founded with a mission: to create economic, societal and intellectual prosperity for the people of North Carolina and the United States. Our Campaign will empower us to deliver on and exceed that mission — today, tomorrow and far into the future.
By the close of the Campaign, NC State will:
- Offer our 35,000-plus students more high-impact educational opportunities both inside and outside the classroom
- Increase the number of scholarships and fellowships for students
- Grow our faculty, providing support through endowed professorships
- Increase the annual contribution to the statewide economy through our research advances and innovative technologies
- Have a more robust endowment to better position NC State for generations to come