Gifts in Action
Thanks to the many alumni who give back each year, NC State is a stronger, more vibrant place of learning, discovery and service. Here are some of the exciting initiatives that your generosity makes possible.
Meet Sabrina Ahmed, class of 2015.
Sabrina is the first person in her family to go to college. She applied to and visited many schools, but she says one visit made a particularly strong impression on her:
“I knew from the moment I stepped on campus that NC State was the place for me. Everyone I met had a great sense of pride and was so nice. It felt like home. I was determined to learn everything I could and take advantage of every opportunity.”
And that’s just what Sabrina has done.
- She won a Chancellor’s Leadership Scholarship that covers about 60 percent of her tuition for four years as long as she maintains a 3.0 GPA.
- The Poole College of Management (PCOM) awarded Sabrina a scholarship to study abroad in Italy.
- She has spent her last two spring breaks in Alaska and New Orleans participating in Alternative Spring Breaks through the Center for Student Leadership, Ethics & Public Service.
- Sabrina serves as secretary for the PCOM Student Network.
- And she has never missed a home football game!
Sabrina is what NC State is all about. She works hard, has fun, and gives back. She is proud to be a member of the Pack.
“My college experience has been incredible, and I know it would not be the same without gifts from alumni. I am so grateful for their support of this special place that I love.”
Since 1887, NC State has given students like Sabrina opportunities to make transformative connections between their campus studies and the greater world. Nearly half of NC State’s students receive scholarships, and more and more are able to study abroad, with support from alumni.
You are the difference. Through annual gifts, you help to shape and nurture the lives of so many terrific students just like Sabrina.